LIST OF SOCIAL HOUSING PROVIDERS
To apply for the following social housing providers, please visit us at the Co-ordinated Access Centre at 9 Princess Avenue, Unit 5 or call (519) 631-4580.
A list of housing providers with wheelchair accessible units or units modified to accommodate a physical disability is available here. Applicants interested in these units should contact the housing providers at the phone numbers listed.
Family Housing - Aylmer
and St. Thomas Housing Corporation, (ESTHC), 60-88 Myrtle St.
- Elkview Gardens, 50 Melanie St.
- Troy Village Housing Co-op, 230 South St. W.
Family Housing - Port Burwell
- Maple Meadows, 58 Elizabeth St.
Family Housing - St. Thomas
351 Manor Rd.
- Eastwood Heritage Park, 200 Burwell Eastwood Village, 405 Wellington
- Eastwood Park Terrace, 3 South Edgeware Rd. Eastwood Court, 180 South Edgeware Elgin St. Thomas Housing Corporation
- 1-27 Airey Ave.
- 96 Confederation Dr.
- 40-87 Dunkirk Dr.
- 425-483 Elm St.
- 136 & 192 Fairview Ave.
- 81-85 Fairview Ave.
- 1-35 Simcoe St.
- Elmview Estates Housing Co-op, 240 Burwell Rd.
- Meadowdale Community Co-op, 345 Highview Dr.
- Pinafore Station Co-op,
Adult & Seniors Housing
Caledonia Gardens, 1 Lions Rd., Dutton (Seniors 65 and older) Milton Towers, 5 Milton St., Pt. Burwell Kiwanis Seniors Apartments, 229 Fourth St., Rodney (65 and older) Menno Lodge, 215 South St. W., Aylmer
- Elgin St. Thomas Housing Corporation
Twin Pines, 253 Ridout, Rodney 144 Main St., West Lorne
- 58 Myrtle St., Alymer
- 49 Chestnut St., Aylmer
Adult Housing - St. Thomas
- Elgin St. Thomas Housing Corporation 200 Chestnut St.
- 76 Churchill Crescent
- 5 Morrison Dr.
- 45 St. Anne's
Please apply directly to the phone number shown for the following locations.
- Rural & Native Housing Program, 1-1800-492-1605 for rental accommodations throughout Elgin County CMHA - Elgin Branch, (519) 633-1781. Supported housing, units are available county-wide Eastwood Seniors Apartments, 410 Wellington St., St. Thomas (519) 633-5375 Eastwood Village, 405 Wellington St., St. Thomas, 633-5375
- Eastwood Park Terrace, 3 South Edgeware, St. Thomas, (519) 633-5375
- Pinetree Gardens, 150 First Ave., St. Thomas, (519) 633-5375
- Elgin Association for Community Living, (519) 631-9222 offers supported housing at various locations in St. Thomas Stirling Meadows Co-op, 17 Holland St., St. Thomas, 633-7690
- Violence Against Women Services has an emergency shelter in St. Thomas, (519) 633-0155 or 1-800-265-4305
- Elgin Second Stage Housing, St. Thomas (519) 637-2288 Heritage Place, c/o Aylmer Area Christian Community Association, 110 Caverly Rd., Aylmer, (519) 765-4242
- Bel Parc Inc. 206 Union St., Belmont, (519) 644-1644
- Festival Gardens, 17 Morrison St., St. Thomas, (519) 633-1519
- Kiwant Manors, 139 First Ave., St. Thomas, (519) 633-8386
- Cherry St. Inc., various single-family homes and duplexes in and around Aylmer, (519) 733-2289
- Kettle Creek Villa, 289 Frances St., Port Stanley, (519) 631-4860
- YWCA of St. Thomas - Elgin, Mary St. St. Thomas, (519) 631-9800
Rent Supplement units, some with private landlords, are also available. Ask at the Co-ordinated Access Centre for more information and a list of participants.
|Construction Advisory Notice - Talbot Street - Princess Avenue/St. Catharine Street to John Street - Revised Traffic Control/Detour Route commencing Wednesday, May 22, 2013
|The City's Contractor is continuing construction on the Moore Street and L&PS Train Station/Rail Corridor capital projects. The balance of construction work on Talbot Street, after the road closure for the placement of the first lift of base course asphalt on Tuesday, May 21, 2013, involves the installation of curb/gutter, sidewalk, paving stones, second lift of base course asphalt, surface course pavement layer, and other miscellaneous surface works.
|Transit Route Change Notice
|Route Change Notice - Fall of 2013
|Construction Advisory Notice - 2013 Road Rehabilitation Program - Talbot Street - First Avenue to former CASO Bridge east of Yarmouth Road
|The City's Contractor is anticipated to commence construction on the above noted project on Monday, May 13, 2013 (weather permitting) with completion by Friday, June 21, 2013.
|Fundraising BBQ for United Way
|Friday, May 24 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at City Hall
Hamburgers $3, Hotdogs $2 and Pop $1