All applications for admission to Valleyview, long and short stay, are completed through the South West Community Care Access Centre 519-631-9907 or 1-800-563-3098.
Once an application has been received by the home, it is reviewed to ensure appropriate placement. Once the application is approved by the facility, your application is placed on a waiting list at the CCAC.
When a bed becomes available, new residents are asked to keep the following in mind:
- Residents must use the facility pharmacy.
- Residents must bring the most current Notice of Assessment from Income Tax if staying in a Basic Room as they may qualify for a rate reduction. There are no rate reductions for semi-private or private accommodation.
- If a Power of Attorney has been appointed, please bring these documents to be photocopied for our files.
- Bring clothing that is comfortable; approximately 7 changes of clothes is sufficient to start.
- Residents should not bring large amounts of money or valuables as the home cannot assume responsibility if they are lost or broken.
If interested in applying for admission to a long term care home or require further information please contact your local CCAC or visit the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care website.