PARKING LOTS & PASSES
Municipal Parking Lot Permits are issued on an annual & monthly basis by the Environmental Services Department. Enforcement of the permits is provided by the Clerks Department. Information on fees and how to obtain a pass are included below.
The Policy for issuing Municipal Parking Lot Permits has been developed through the efforts of both the Environmental Services and Clerks Department of The City of St. Thomas in order to establish consistency and clarification.
Available City of St. Thomas Parking Permits are:
1. Annual Parking Lot Permits for members of the public
2. Monthly Parking Lot Permits for members of the public
3. Daily Parking Lot Vouchers for visitors and members of the public
The City of St. Thomas provides annual, monthly and daily parking permits for various municipal lots throughout the downtown area. They are issued on a first come first served basis.
Map of Lot Locations
Parking is available at the following locations and priced as indicated.
Hepburn Street Lot
Moore Street Lot
City Central Lot
Curtis Street Lot
White Street Lot
Upper St. Catharine Lot
Elgin Street Lot
Metcalfe Street Lot
Annual Parking Lot Permits
Existing annual parking lot permit holders can purchase the following year's permit, usually available mid December (notices are posted on vehicles in lots confirming the actual date existing parking permit holders can purchase permits).
New requests to purchase annual parking lot permits can be made at the Environmental Services Department after January 1 of the year, upon availability.
For convenience, up to two vehicle license numbers will be recorded. The permit can be used by one vehicle at at time. Permits will be numbered and the information logged in a database.
Monthly Parking Lot Permits
Monthly parking lot permits (upon availability) can be purchased for any month at any time throughout the year at the Environmental Services Department. For convenience, up to two vehicle license numbers will be recorded. The permit can be used by one vehicle at a time.
Daily Parking Lot Vouchers
In order to accommodate occasional parking needs, the City of St. Thomas has available a $2.00 Daily Parking Lot Voucher. Any persons requiring daily parking can pick up these Vouchers at Environmental Services at any time between 8:30am and 4:30pm. (Requests for larger quantities of daily $2.00 Vouchers should be called in advance so as to expedite the process).
Daily Parking Lot Vouchers must display the valid date clearly written in ink.
Purchasers of daily vouchers must park in a City owned parking lot in a designated 2-hour parking space only.
General Rules for Annual and Monthly Permit Holders
- If permits are lost the permit number will be voided and a new permit will be issued with a new number for a $15.00 fee
- If permits become damaged or faded it should be returned to Environmental Services and another permit will be issued
- Permits must be positioned to hang from the rear view mirror and be visible at all times. Failure to comply may result in the issuing of a parking ticket
- Holders must only park in a city-owned lot and in a designated permit parking space only
For additional information please contact Environmental Services at 519-631-1680 extension 4260 or 4160.